This is the first episode of the ARTtube series ‘We Live Art’ that is produced jointly by the partners. In this episode, Dom Bernardus, abbot of the Cistercian Monastery in Berkel-Enschot, explains how he discovered that contemporary art in Museum De Pont offered the possibility of communicating about matters for which there are no words. Bernardus sees a relationship between the monk and the artist, for both aim to help people meet each other on a spiritual level. The abbot organised an exhibition in his abbey and with it gave his own calling a new dimension. In addition, he is, together with brother Isaac, a faithful visitor to Museum De Pont.
- Direction: Els Hoek
- Camera: Ruben van de Broeke
- Editing: Caroline Hoeberechts
- Mix: Henk-Jelle de Groot
- Grading: Laurent Fluttert
- Music: Wessel Maas
- Photos: Peter Cox, Marc Mulders, Studio Tromp (Rotterdam)
- Footage Prayer in Beauty: EO 2 Vandaag, 25 February 1995
- Special thanks: Marie-José Eijkemans
- This video is realized with support from Mondriaan Fund.